1. Why does the UCU continue to blank Gert Weisskirchen, who has asked for a meeting to discuss antisemitism? All it requires is to sit with him for half an hour and listen to what he has to say. Why not do it? Click here.
2. Why has the UCU failed to respond to this document? Short version here.
3. Why does the UCU continue to have the evidently false position that "...criticism of Israel cannot be construed as anti-semitic."? Click here for more on the Livingstone Formulation.
4. Why has the National Executive Committee decided to send a motion to Congress which seeks to mandate the union "...to promote a wide discussion by colleagues of the appropriateness of continued education links with Israeli academic institutions"?
5. Why have there been proposals to exclude Israelis from British universities put in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 due to the "apparent complicity of the Israeli academy", while there have been no such punishments proposed in relation to the closures of universities in Zimbabwe, the occupations of Tibet, Chechnya, Western Sahara, Iraq and Afghanistan, the segregation of universities in Saudi Arabia, the crackdown on academic freedom in Iranian universities, the genocide in Darfur, the millions of people killed in Congo, the antisemitic university in Ukraine, the totalitarian dictatorship in North Korea, the murderous crackdowns on Islamist groups in Thailand, the failure to recognize the independence of Taiwan, etc etc?
6. Why does the leadership of the union not challenge the antisemitic discourse which still routinely infects the internal UCU activists' email list?
The UCU needs to confront its own institutional antisemitism
Added by David Hirsh on March 28, 2008 09:18:11 PM.